Terms of Service
GOLFBUDDY Terms of Service
Article 1 (Purpose)The purpose of these Terms is to define the rights, duties, responsibilities, and other necessary matters with the company and its members in relation to the use of the website (hereinafter referred to as the “Webpage”) and the Golf Buddy mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the “service”) provided by GolfzonDeca Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”).Article 2 (Definitions)
Article 3 (Specification and Amendment of Terms of Service)
① Definitions of terms used in these Terms are as follows.
- 1. "Service" means the various services of the GOLFBUDDY: SMART CADDIE, GOLFBUDDY: GOLF GPS, GOLFBUDDY smart, ONE caddie provided by the "Company" for the purpose of providing various information necessary for the user's golf sports activities, such as golf distance measurement, course image provision, personal record entry and statistical services, which are available through various wireless devices such as PCs and mobile terminals.
- 2. "Member" means a customer who accesses the "Service" of the "Company", enters into a contract of use with the "Company" in accordance with these Terms, and uses the "Service" provided by the "Company".
- 3. "Member ID" means the email address or ID entered or registered by "Member" for the identification of "Member" and the use of "Service" by "Member".
- 4. "Password" means the combination of letters or letters and numbers selected by the "Member" to confirm that the person who intends to use the "Service" of the "Company" is the same person as the person who has been given the "Member ID" and to protect the interests of the "Member".
- 5. "Charged service" means the various ancillary services provided by the "Company" during the "Services" for a fee.
- 6. "Paid-up member" means a "Member" who pays for use and uses the "Charged service" of "Company".
- 7. "Post" means the post, photo, video, various files and links in the form of information posted on "Service" when "Member" uses "Service".
- 8. "Payment" means the payment of a certain amount through a payment method designated by the "Company" in order to use the "Charged service" by the "Member".
- ② The definitions of terms used in these Terms of Service shall be governed by the relevant statutes, except as provided for in paragraph (1), and not provided for by the relevant statutes shall be governed by general commercial practices.
Article 4 (Interpretation of Terms of Service)
- ① "Company" will post the contents of these Terms of Service on the "Service" initial page or otherwise notify the "Member" so that the "Member" knows the name, business location, representative's name, business registration number, contact information, etc.
- ② "Company" may amend these Terms of Service to the extent that it does not violate relevant laws and regulations, such as the Act on the Regulation of Terms of Service, the Basic Telecommunications Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Information and Communication Network Utilization Promotion and Information Protection Act, etc.
- ③ If the "Company" amends the Terms of Service, it will specify the date of the amendment and the reason for the amendment, and announce the current Terms of Service from 7 days before the effective date of the amendment to the day before the effective date. However, in the case of a change that materially affects the rights and obligations of the "Member", it shall be announced 30 days before the effective date.
- ④ "Member" has the right to reject the revised Terms of Service. "Member" may express his/her objection within fifteen (15) days after the date of publication of the modified Terms. If "Member" refuses, "Company", which is a service provider, may terminate the contract with "Member" after prior notice to "Member" for a period of 15 days. If the "Member" does not indicate his/her intention to refuse, or if he/she uses the "Service" after the effective date according to the previous paragraph, he/she shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
Article 5 (Membership)
- ① If the "Member" enters into an individual contract with the "Company" and uses the "Service", the "Company" may have Terms of Service or operating policies for individual services (hereinafter referred to as "Operating policies, etc."), and if there is a conflict with these terms, the operating policies for the individual services shall prevail.
- ② Matters not specified in these Terms of Service shall be governed by relevant laws and regulations, such as the Act on the Regulation of Terms of Service, the Basic Telecommunications Act, the Telecommunications Act, the Information and Communication Network Utilization Promotion Act, and the Information Protection Act.
Article 6 (Provision of User Information)
- ② In principle, "Company" accepts the use of the service for the application of "Applicant". However, "Company" may refuse to accept the application or terminate the "Terms of Service" afterwards:
- 1. If the "Applicant" has previously lost membership under these terms;
- 2. In the case of an application that is not a real name or is made in the name of another person;
- 3. In case false information is entered or the contents presented by the “Company” are not provided;
- 4. Where a child under the age of 14 has not obtained the consent of a legal representative when entering personal information prescribed by the Act on the Promotion of the Use of Information and Communication Networks and the Protection of Information, etc.; or
- 5. If the approval is not possible due to reasons attributable to the "Applicant" or there are other reasons why the "Company" cannot provide the "Service"
- ③ "Company" may suspend acceptance if there is no space for facilities related to "Service", or if there are technical or business problems.
- ④ If "Company" refuses or suspends the acceptance of the subscription application or terminates the "Terms of Service" in accordance with Article 2 (2), (3), (5), or Article 3, "Company" shall in principle inform the "Applicant" of this fact.
- ⑤ The time of establishment of the "User Agreement" is the time when "Company" marks the completion of the subscription in the application process.
- ⑥ In order for "Member" to use "Charged service", payment for use must be paid, and the time of establishment of the "Terms of Service" for "Charged service" is the time when "Company" marks the completion of the purchase in the application process. However, "Company" may refuse to accept the following applications or terminate the "Terms of serve" of "Charged service" afterwards.
- 1. If "Company" is unable to confirm payment due to non-payment or mis payment
- 2. If a member does not obtain the approval of the “Company” to re-register as a member after losing your membership
- 3. Unauthorized use or impersonation of a third party's credit card, wired/wireless phone, bank account, etc.
- ⑦ According to the company policy, "Company" may differentiate the use of "Members" by class, broken down by time of use, number of uses, available service functions, etc.
Article 7 (Protection and Management of Personal Information)
- ① Users who want to join as a "Member" and use the "Service" must provide their email address and other SNS services (Google, Facebook, Naver) account information according to the subscription method.
- ② If an application is made for the use of another person's name, the "Member ID" of the "Member" will be deleted, and the "Member" may be punished according to the relevant statutes.
Article 8 (User ID and Password)
- ② "Company" shall not be held liable for any information including account information of "Member" exposed due to reasons attributable to "Member".
Article 9 (Notification to Members)
- ① "Member" will use the email address or ID selected by "Member" as the "User ID" for the smooth use of "Service" and for the convenience of "Member" 's information protection, service usage guide, etc. However, "Company" may refuse or restrict the use of the ID if the contents of "Member ID" is likely to be anti-social, harmful to breeze or misleading the operator.
- ② "Company" performs various "Member" management duties, such as availability of "Service" of "Member" through account information.
- ③ "Member" shall manage his/her account information with the attention of a good manager. "Member" will be liable for damages incurred as a result of this violation.
- ④ "Member" can freely set a "Password" to meet the criteria set by the "Company", and the "Password" can be changed at any time if the "Member" wishes.
- ⑤ "Member" is responsible for protecting and managing the "Password". However, "Company" may recommend changing the "Password" periodically or irregularly to "Member" for security reasons.
Article 10 (Obligations of Company)
- ① If "Company" gives notice of "Member", it can be done by email designated by "Member", notification message in "Service", or electronic posting, unless otherwise specified in these Terms.
- ② "Company" may replace the notice in paragraph (1) by posting on the website of "Company" or on the app service announcement board in case of notification to the entire "Member" for more than 7 days.
Article 11 (Member's Obligations)
- ① "Company" does not do anything against the prohibition in these terms and related laws and regulations, and we try our best to provide continuous and stable "Service".
- ③ "Company" shall expedite the processing of comments or complaints from "Member" within a reasonable period of time if it is deemed objectively justified. However, if processing takes a long period of time, "Member" shall be notified of the reasons for delay through bulletin board or e-mail and the processing process and processing results shall be communicated.
- ④ "Company" strives to provide convenience to "Members" in the conclusion of "Terms of Service", change and termination thereof, etc., as well as procedures and contents related to “Terms of Service” with "Members".
- ⑤ If "Company" provides "Charged service", "Company" will display the following information as "Member" knows on the initial screen or FAQ screen of the service.
- 1. The name or number of the "Charged service"
- 2. The contents of the "Charged service", how to use it, how to pay for it, and other terms and conditions
- 3. Minimum technical specifications required for availability and use of the device
Article 12 (Time and Suspension of Provision of Services)
- ① "Member" shall not use the "Service" provided by the "Company" for any purpose other than its original use or do any of the following:
- 1. The use of someone else's information when registering personal information with the "Company" for the purpose of applying for membership or changing information, or for misrepresentation
- 2. Misrepresenting others or misrepresenting relationships with others, stealing or fraudulently using accounts and "Passwords" of other "Members", or purchasing paid content by unauthorized use of other people's credit cards, phone numbers, etc.
- 3. Reproducing, distributing, promoting or commercially exploiting the information obtained using the "Services" of the "Company" and the provided applications without prior consent of the "Company" or using the "Services" by abusing known or unknown bugs
- 4. "Company" 's "Service" and using the provided application to generate a property benefit to itself or others
- 5. To defame or interfere with the affairs of "the Company" or third parties, or to cause damage to the Company and third parties.
- 6. Violation of other rights such as intellectual property rights, likeness, etc. of the "Company" or third parties, or collecting, storing, disseminating, or posting personal information of other "Member" without the "Service" of the "Company"
- 7. To take advantage of a third party or use the "Service" provided by the "Company" unhealthily to damage a third party
- 8. Exchange, display, or link to obscene, vulgar, or offensive information, or display advertisements and promotional materials that may be offensive to others.
- 9. Induce or participate in atrocities, such as gambling on property
- 10. Display, transmit, reach, or disseminate words, sounds, texts, videos, or videos that cause shame, disgust, or fear.
- 11. Sending, posting, disseminating, or using information prohibited from transmission or publication under applicable laws or materials containing software viruses or other computer code, files, or programs designed to interfere with or destroy the normal operation of computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment
- 12. Changing the application, adding or inserting other programs into the application, hacking or reverse designing the server, leaking or altering the source code or application data, building a separate server, or arbitrarily changing or stealing parts of the website to impersonate the "Company" without being granted special rights by the "Company"
- 13. Posting or sending mail in the name of, or impersonating, the employees or operators of the “Company”
- 14. Using "Service" for commercial, sales, advertising, political activities, illegal campaigning, etc. without the consent of "Company"
- 15. Violation of public order and breech, or unlawful, improper or otherwise contrary to laws and regulations
- ② "Member" is obliged to check and comply with the announcements and amendments to the Terms of Service on the "Company" website, and shall not do anything that interferes with the work of the other "Company".
- ③ "Member" is responsible for managing the account of "Member", and it should not be used by third parties.
- ④ "Company" may determine the specific types of actions falling under any of paragraphs (1), (2), and (3) in the operation policy, and the member is obliged to comply with them.
- 1. Restrictions on the setting of "User ID" and "Password" of "Member"
- 2. Other matters deemed operationally necessary by the "Company" to the extent that they do not infringe the essential right of the "Member" to use the "Service"
Article 13 (Contents and Modification of Services)
- ① "Company" will initiate "Service" from the time of accepting the registration of "Member". However, in the case of some services, the service can be provided from the designated date according to the Company's needs.
- ② "Company" provides "Service" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unless there is a special disruption in business or technology. However, if it is necessary for operation, such as periodic maintenance of information and communication facilities, expansion and replacement of servers, various bug patches, replacement with new services, etc., "Service" may be suspended for a period of time.
- ③ In the case of the proviso to paragraph (2), "Company" will announce its contents and time on the home page or in the application. However, if "Company" has unavoidable reasons that cannot be notified in advance, it may be notified afterwards.
- ④ "Company" may perform periodic maintenance if necessary for the provision of "Service", and the periodic maintenance time is as disclosed in the "Service" provision screen.
- ⑤ If the "Company" is unable to provide the "Charged service" applied for by the "Member" due to the conversion of the business category or the abandonment of the business, the "Company" shall notify the "Member" in the manner prescribed in Article 9 (Notification to Members) and compensate the "Member" according to the conditions initially proposed by the "Company".
Article 14 (Provision of Information and Advertising)
- ① "Member" can use the "Service" provided by the "Company" in accordance with the rules set by the "Company" such as these Terms of Service and operating policy.
- ② "Company" has comprehensive authority over production, change, maintenance, and maintenance of "Service" provided by "Company" to "Member".
- ③ "Company" may modify, add, or abolish all or part of the "Service" provided at all times, if necessary for the operation or technology of the "Service" such as new service contents, various bug patches, etc. For the contents of the services to be changed and the date of provision, etc., "Member" shall be notified by posting on the home page operated by "Company" and on the initial screen of the corresponding service more than 7 days before the change. However, this is not the case if the prior notification is not possible due to the interruption of the service due to reasons beyond the control of the "Company".
- ④ "Company" may modify, discontinue, or change some or all of the services provided free of charge due to "Company" 's policy planning or operational circumstances or "Company" 's urgent situation, etc., and "Member" will not be compensated for this unless there is a special statutory provision.
- ⑤ "Company" will notify "Member" who receives the paid service in the manner prescribed in Article 9 if the change of "paid service" is significant or unfavorable to "Member". In this case, "Member" who refused to agree to the change will be provided with the service prior to the change. However, if it is impossible to provide the service before the change, the service can be stopped or stopped and in that case, the refund will be processed in accordance with Article 20 (3).
- ⑥ "Company" may limit or stop all or part of "Service" if:
- 1. In the event of force majeure such as war, civil unrest, natural disasters or national emergency
- 2. If there is a disruption in the normal use of the "Service" due to power outages, other equipment failures, or excessive usage.
- 3. If it is unavoidable due to construction, such as maintenance of facilities for "Service"
- 4. If "Services" cannot be performed due to other circumstances of "Company"
- ⑦ "Company" is not responsible for problems arising from changing or stopping "Service" except when the cause of "Service" is changed or stopped is due to intent or gross negligence of "Company".
Article 15 (Copyright of Posts)
- ① "Company" may publish various information deemed necessary by "Member" during "Service" in the announcement of "Company" 's website or app, or provide it to "Member" by e-mail. However, "Member" may opt-out at any time by e-mail for the transmission of information excluding transaction-related information and customer center answers according to the relevant legislation.
- ② "Company" may display advertisements in the space exposed when using "Service" or in the media operated by other advertising operators to maintain "Service", and "Member" agrees to publish advertisements due to this.
- ③ "Company" shall not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from participating in the advertisement of paragraph (2), which is the subject of a third party provided by "Company", or from making correspondence or trade.
- ④ "Company" may send using smartphone notification (push notification), mail address, etc. if "Member" uses the personal information of "Member" collected lawfully and provides the advertisement of paragraph (2), and may opt out at any time if "Member" does not want to.
- ⑤ "Company" complies with the Terms of Service of platform operators, app store operators and "Company" that provide information to "Company" regarding the above information provision and advertising, and complies with the relevant statutes and enforcement regulations.
Article 16 (Management of Posts)
- ① The copyright of posts posted by "Members" within the "Service" belongs to the author of the post.
- ② Notwithstanding paragraph (1), "Company" may expose content posted by "Member" within "Service" to search results, services, and related promotions, and may partially modify, duplicate, edit, and publish to the extent necessary for such exposures. In this case, "Company" complies with the provisions of the Copyright Act, and "Member" may take action on the relevant post at any time through the Customer Center or the "Service" management function, including removal, exclusion of search results, and non-disclosure.
- ③ If "Company" intends to use the post of "Member" in a way other than Paragraph (2), "Member" 's consent must be obtained in advance by phone, fax, or email.
Article 17 (Attribution of Rights)
- ① If the post of "Member" includes violations of relevant statutes such as the Act on the Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection or the Copyright Act, the rightholder of the post may request the suspension and deletion of the post in accordance with the procedure prescribed by the relevant statutes, and "Company" and "Member" shall take action according to the relevant statutes.
- ② Even if there is no request by the rightholder under paragraph (1), "Company" may take temporary measures against the relevant post in accordance with the relevant legislation if there are grounds for recognition of infringement or other violations of the "Company" policy and related legislation.
Article 18 (Cancellation, etc. of Members' Contracts)
- ① Copyright and other intellectual property rights for content produced by "Company" in "Service" and "Service" belong to "Company".
- ② "Company" only grants "Member" a pass to use account (ID), post, etc. in relation to "Service" according to the conditions of use set by "Company", and "Member" cannot do any disposal act such as transfer, sale, providing collateral, etc.
Article 19 (Payment Method)
- ① "Member" may request to leave the "Service" at any time through the "Settings" menu, and "Company" shall process it immediately as prescribed by the relevant statutes, etc.
- ② If "Member" who is using "Charged service" leaves the service, the pass in use will be terminated immediately and no refund will be possible.
Article 20 (Withdrawal, Refund, etc.)
- ① The means available for "Member" to pay for "Charged service" are as follows.
- 1. Payment by payment method in which "Company" enters into an affiliation agreement with a third party to inform "Member" about payment availability and method thereof
- ② "Company" may request "Member" to change the payment method or refuse to withhold provisional payment in accordance with the policy of "Company" in case of legal and technical problems with payment of "Member" or in case of a failure (bank communication network failure, etc.) not foreseen by "Company".
- ③ For the transaction amount of "Member" using "Charged service", "Company" may set the transaction limit such as monthly accumulated payment amount and payment limit per member due to changes in internal policies and external payment companies (bank, card company, Google store, Galaxy store, etc.) and other related laws, and "Member" may not be able to use "Charged service" if the transaction amount exceeds the transaction limit.
Article 21 (Restrictions on Use, etc.)
- ① In the case of "Charged services" purchased by "Member", it is possible to refund the pass from the company (Google Store, Galaxy Store) within 48 hours from the date of signing the contract or availability of "Charged service". If a member wishes to withdraw your subscription (purchase cancellation) within 7 days, you can contact the customer center for a refund. However, if the "Charged service" is used or deemed to be used at the time of the withdrawal request after 7 days, if the withdrawal period has passed, and if the paid service is provided free of charge from the "Company" or a third party, such as gifts and events, and some services with similar characteristics, the withdrawal (cancellation of purchase) may be restricted in accordance with Article 17 (2) of the "Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.". In this case, "Company" shall take measures as prescribed by the relevant law, such as notifying "Member" when purchasing the charged service. If the refund is made due to the intention of the simple "Member" and not due to "Company", it is not possible to repurchase the pass for 30 days from the refund date.
- ② If "Company" is unable to use the "Charged service" purchased by "Member" due to reasons attributable to "Company", the same "Charged service" will be provided free of charge or the full amount of the purchase will be refunded.
- ③ "Company" will refund the remaining amount in the case of Article 13 (5) or Article 21. However, event points that were used normally or paid free of charge are excluded from the refund.
- ④ "Company" shall refund the entire amount of the overpayment in the same way as payment for use if the overpayment occurs due to reasons attributable to "Company", and if the overpayment occurs due to reasons attributable to "Member", the expenses incurred for reimbursement of the overpayment can be deducted and reimbursed to a reasonable extent. If "Company" refuses to refund the overpayment, "Company" shall duly certify that the overpayment has been charged, and the details of the overpayment shall be in accordance with the Content User Protection Directive.
- ⑤ "Company" proceeds with the refund in the same way as the payment, and when it is not possible to refund in the same way as the payment, it shall be notified in advance. However, if "Company" announces to paid-up members in advance and as in each case below, there can be a difference in refund method and refundable period for each payment method.
- 1. In the case of payment methods that require confirmation of acceptance, such as credit cards, within 3 business days from the date of acceptance.
- 2. In the case of refunds past the relevant deadline, if the operator of each payment method has agreed with "Company" in advance, such as the deadline for suspension of billing or cancellation of payment, etc.
- 3. If the paid member does not immediately provide "Company" with the information and data necessary for processing the refund (failure to provide a copy of the applicant's account and ID when refunding cash, or providing an account in the name of another person, etc.)
- 4. If there is an express intention of the relevant “member”
- ⑥ In the event of a refund under this Article, "Company" may refund the incidental expenses and fees incurred or to be incurred by "Company" in accordance with the Content User Protection Guidelines.
- ⑦ Paid service passes or paid content that "Member" acquires as a reward during the service, or paid through internal or external affiliate events, etc. of "Company" without actually paying for normal purchases are not subject to refund.
- ⑧ In the case of "Charged service", which is a periodic automatic payment in accordance with the application or consent of the paid-up member, if the paid member is in arrears with the usage charge of "Charged service", the product may be automatically terminated on the day of the overdue payment, so the paid-up member who wishes to maintain the benefit through the periodic automatic payment must take measures in advance to avoid the arrears of usage charge or the overdue payment method.
- ⑨ If the "operating policy, etc." of each individual service stipulates a withdrawal and refund policy that differs from the provisions of this Article, the "operating policy, etc." of the relevant service shall prevail.
Article 22 (Compensation for Damages)
- ① "Company" may limit the use of "Service" to warning, suspension, and termination of contract, if "Member" violates the obligations of these Terms of Service or interferes with the normal operation of "Service".
- ② Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (1), "Company" may terminate the contract immediately if it violates relevant laws and regulations, such as name theft and payment theft in violation of the National Registration Act, provision and operation of illegal programs in violation of copyright law, hacking and illegal communication in violation of the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Use and Information Protection, distribution of malware programs, and exceeding access rights. In the event of termination of the contract, all benefits obtained through the use of the "Service" will be forfeited, and "Company" will not compensate for this separately.
- ③ If "Company" restricts "Member"'s use of "Service" or terminates the contract pursuant to paragraph (1), the conditions and details of the restriction shall be as prescribed in the Restricted Use Policy, etc., and "Company" shall be notified in the manner prescribed in Article 9.
- ④ "Member" may appeal against the restriction of use of "Company" in accordance with the procedure established by "Company". If the "member" 's objection is recognized as justifiable, the "Company" must immediately resume the "member" 's use of the "service".
Article 23 (Limitation of Liability)
- ① "Company" shall only compensate for actual damages caused to paid members if damages are caused to paid-up members by defects of "Charged service". However, "Company" shall not be liable for any damage caused to paid-up members without the “Company” ’s intent or negligence. "Company" shall follow the relevant provisions and other commercial practices of the [Content User Protection Guidelines] regarding the manner and procedure of compensating for damages to paid-up members.
- ② If "Member" causes damage to "Company" due to violation of the obligations of these terms or "Member" causes damage to "Company" in connection with the use of "Service", "Member" shall compensate "Company" for such damages.
- ③ "Member" shall indemnify "Company" at his/her own responsibility and expense if "Company" receives various objections such as claims or lawsuits from third parties other than the relevant member due to unlawful acts committed by "Member" in using the service or violating these terms, and if "Company" is not indemnified, "Member" shall be responsible for all damages caused to "Company".
Article 24 (Applicable Law and Judicial Jurisdiction)
- ① If the “Company” cannot provide the “Service” due to a natural disaster or force majeure equivalent thereto, the responsibility for the provision of the “Service” is exempted.
- ② "Company" is not responsible for the disruption of "Service" or use due to reasons attributable to "Member", and "Member" is exempted from liability if damages are caused to "Member" by the commoncarrier's failure to provide telecommunications services normally.
- ③ "Company" is not responsible for the contents of information, data, factual reliability, accuracy, etc. published by "Member" in relation to "Service".
- ④ "Company" is exempt from liability in the case of transactions through Service, etc. between "Members" or between "Member" and third parties through "Service".
- ⑤ "Company" shall not be held liable unless there are special provisions in the relevant legislation in relation to the use of free of charge "Service".
Article 25 (Contact Details of Company)
- ① The lawsuit filed between "Company" and "Member" shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea.
- ② The court having jurisdiction over the address of the “Company” shall be the exclusive jurisdictional court for litigation in the first instance for disputes between the “Company” and “Member”.
- The business name and address of the "Company" is as follows:
Name: GolfzonDeca Inc.
Address: #303, C bldg., INNOVALLEY, 253, Pangyo-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea (621 Sampyeong-dong)
Tel.: +82-31-709-8038 ~ 9
- Article 1 (Effective Date) These Terms of Service shall enter into force on April 4, 2022.
Issue Date: March 28, 2022
Effective Date: April 4, 2022
- ① Definitions of terms used in these Terms are as follows.